Wednesday, June 11, 2014

May in Review

So let's discuss about how part of the reason this monthly look-back is late was my belief that at home I had some long detailed list of all the books I'd read this past month. 

False.

At home I had exactly three things on my damn spreadsheet, even though I'm convinced that I had to have read something else, because whenever I have a free moment I'm always reading or re-reading. Sheesh brain, get it together. And I'm sure you're all super interested in finding out what the "three books" I read this month are right?  

Hard Time by Cara McKenna (B)
Half-Off Ragnarok by Seanan McGuire
The Last Bride in Ballymuir by Dorien Kelly

Since only two of those books were actually knew, I'm going to call this month's favorite Half-Off Ragnarok, which I'll get around to reviewing before I forget about it again, because it's a really great book. 


I did manage to collect quite a few awesome links though so don't forget to check out the copious bounty below!

Links I love 
 
//"These Pop Culture Icons Are Carved Entirely Out of Crayons". I can't imagine what it must feel like to be so talented. Amazing!

//"LeVar Burton is Kickstarting the Return of Reading Rainbow" (& made his goal in less than a day! Much less!)

//"Can a Comic Con Approach Work for the Book Industry?" - I've dabbled in Armchair BEA and generally consider myself a Con goer solely for the opportunity to listen to respected voices speak on a number of issues. Would a BookCon appeal to me? Definitely. Is BEA going to be my BookCon? Hmmm....

//These #YesAllWomen posters are depressingly spot on. But so is the whole hash tag so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. 

//Chipotle makes everything better. This article just makes that even more obvious to those who doubted ;).

//I didn't know you get could get Out of Print shirts at Pinup Girl Clothing! I love seeing the pieces on different body types.

//"It Took 30 Artists To Redo Ghost In The Shell's Opening In Live Action" - Ghost in the Shell is one of those movies I will never forget. Watched early in my anime life it's incredibly visuals and thought provoking story stuck with me. This live action take is so interesting!

//I have to admit, I'm not sure I'd use any of these Literary Cookie Cutters but that's mostly because I like my cookies of the break and back variety!

//"Sailor Moon Meets Kill La Kill In This Amazing Samurai Senshi Fan Art" - I've never watched Kill La Kill but these beautiful (& deadly) renditions of the Sailor Scouts has me intrigued...

//"Home Improvement Shows, Ranked" - WHERE IS KITCHEN CRASHERS LINDY?! Rehab Addict and Kitchen Crashers are possibly the two best shows on HGTV!