Thursday, March 15, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday!

***Awkward and Awesome Thursday is hosted by Sydney at The Daybook. It's a style/life blog but I love her personality and think inserting a bit more of my own here is never a bad thing :). I can't promise them every week but I'll do what I can!


Awkward
-85 degree weather in March. I am not prepared for the sudden influx of heat and I miss Spring dammit! Not summer.
-No longer wanted but volunteered for responsibility. I feel as if lately all I've been doing are things that I feel like I 'have' to do which is a crock - I don't have to do anything but continue breathing, get old, and die.
-Trying to clear out my closet - again - and finding that the clothes I have now I mostly like and don't want to get rid of.
-Finding a new face serum that I love and might actually work but then realizing it's kind of hideously expensive.
-Twitter. I'm so bad at it it's laughable. How does one tweet when they're having fun when it seems to require you to stop having fun to do it?
-This pseudo case of carpal that I have going on. My right wrist is not having a good week.
-Other people who have me Google for them. I am not your Google-r ok? I promise, your fingers can work the keyboard just as well as mine can.

Awesome
-New books. These never suck :D
-Sitting on the roof during lunch, enjoying the sun and reading. It might suck to sit staring at the beautiful day outside my window but that time during lunch is pretty amazing.
-Lowlights! Or highlights. Whatever you want to call them, I love the new pieces of color throughout my hair.
-The Cherry Blossoms in DC. They're just starting to open up and I can't wait to see them in full bloom.
-A bit of an oldy, but new bags from HauteLook. I'm trying to incorporate the 'day clutch' into my outfits, but I haven't quite figured out how to function when you've always got one hand busy.
-Good skin days. As an acne sufferer I really appreciate days when I feel like my skin is looking good. Less makeup? Not always a bad thing for me. (I wish they'd last a little longer though)