Thursday, April 24, 2014

Sun, Sand, and Sex by Linda Lael Miller, Jennifer Apodaca, and Shelly Laureston

What's better than a long, lazy day at the shore? Think beach—blanket bingo with a sizzling hottie (or three). So sit back, relax, and don't worry about tan lines, because in this scorching collection, swimsuits are definitely optional...

LINDA LAEL MILLER
"One Last Weekend"
College sweethearts Teague and Joanna Darby, once passionately in love, are on the brink of divorce. When a ferry strike leaves them stranded together at their beloved beach cottage, it could be the most awkward weekend ever. Or the perfect chance to fall for each other all over again-one steamy encounter at a time...

JENNIFER APODACA
"You Give Love a Good Name"
Lexie Rollins is a wedding planner on the lam. All she did was defend herself (with a staple gun) against a sleazy groom-who knew the Assault and Battery charges would stick? Now Lexie's "vacation" at an exclusive resort has put her at the top of gorgeous bounty hunter Nick Vardolous's list. And Nick always gets his woman-every which way imaginable...

SHELLY LAURENSTON
"My Kind of Town"
Deputy Kyle Treharne of seaside Smithville, North Carolina, hates Yankees-even exotically beautiful ones like Emma Lucchesi. The sexy New Yorker's got trouble written all over her, and she knows more than she's telling about the increasingly strange goings-on in his town. But if the lady's got a few tricks up her sleeve, so does the lawman. And it's high time for every wicked thing to be deliciously revealed...

~~

After Shelly Laurenston released a snippet of  "My Kind of Town" in her latest newsletter, I knew I had to have this anthology.  I love her writing all day everyday, but somehow I missed that there was another story in her Long Island Coven series! Boo!

Still, even though I bought it for her, all the stories ended up being good. I probably haven't read anything by Linda Lael Miller in years but I liked the way she created a realistic portrayal of a marriage near its breaking point, torn apart by misunderstanding and bad communication. "You Give Love a Good Name" was a more typical alpha male meets girl story but it was still amusing and I loved how Lexie was the one who saved Nick in the end.

I picked this up for $3 or so on Amazon and I totally recommend it!

Overall Feeling - A-/B+

Series - Various