Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's almost Halloween!

I don't know about you guys but I can see Halloween on the horizon! I'm excited because I get to don two awesome costumes this year: grown & sexy Little Red Riding Hood and Roller Derby Girl! LRRH is a homemade costume, just using stuff from around the house, but for the Derby Girl I pulled out all the stops and even bought skates!!

 Look how cute they are with their lavender wheels!

I bought them from Dick's Sporting Goods with a coupon and even if I only wear them for 10min that night I'm going to consider the purchase totally worth it.

If you're interested in what else I've been doing this Fall you can jump over to my other blog, Bittersweet Musings, for pictures of my apple picking adventure. I'd never gone before and it was so much fun climbing ladders and picking Granny Smiths - so much better than buying a bag from the grocery store! I even ending the evening with my very own farm fresh pumpkin. And beets. Because who can resist beets?

 
I'm strangely proud of my beet picking skills, don't ask me why because I don't know. 

I've got to admit though that I'm probably most proud of my first carved pumpkin of my DC life. Truthfully it's probably the first carved pumpkin of my adult life, which makes it extra extra special. I surprised myself at how much fun I had doing it (minus the initial gross out moment when I was cleaning it out) and the outcome wasn't too shabby! 

OOOOOOOO! Scary huh? More pics on my Pumpkin Mutilation post. 

I hope all you guys out there in book land are also having a great Fall and reading some wonderful books! The cooler weather makes it perfect for curling up with a good book (Indian summer being somewhat of an exception) and the changing leaves give you the perfect backdrop!