Friday, October 1, 2010

September in Review!

This month started off with such a bang! Dragon*Con was amazing and I got to hear some of my favorite authors speak on some of my favorite series. I'm sorry that I suck and am still editing most of the video footage I took there, but you can see at least the intro video here. I was also lucky enough to read some great books along the way, and whether it was new or a reread I appreciated every one.

Especially considering that September also celebrated Banned Books Week. It's important that each of us that cherishes the opportunity to read what we love remember that not everyone has that same chance. The problematic trend to band books deemed 'inappropriate' is growing, and if we want our children and grandchildren to have the same chances that we did to expand our horizons we have to remember to speak up when we seem them being maligned.

Dark Slayer by Christine Feehan
Demon from the Dark by Kresley Cole
Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh
Midnight Crystal by Jayne Castle
Dark Peril by Christine Feehan
Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh
Healer's Garden by Nina Pierce
Queen by Sharon Sala
Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews
Beast Behaving Badly by Shelly Laurenston
Last Dragon Standing by G.A. Aiken
Renegade by Lora Leigh
Dragon Actually by G.A. Aiken (x2)
Master of Dragons by Angela Knight
Burning Up by Nalini Singh, Angela Knight, etc
Heart Journey by Robin Owens
The Search by Nora Roberts
The Grimrose Path by Rob Thurman

Read/Reviewed: 21/8