Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy Ever After by Nora Roberts

As the public face of Vows wedding planning company, Parker Brown has an uncanny knack for fulfilling every bride's vision. She just can't see where her own life is headed. Mechanic Malcomb Kavanaugh loves figuring out how things work, and Parker is no exception. Both know that moving from minor flirtation to major hook-up is a serious step. Parker's business risks have always paid off, but now she'll have to take the chance of a lifetime with her heart.
~~

While this started out not being one of my favorite Nora Roberts series I really feel like she pulled it out in the end. With each successive title Roberts has pulled readers more and more into the lives of these 4 friends and by the time this last book rolled around I was very excited to see how it all ended (yes I had some ideas, but her execution is the point or why else would I be reading it?).

Parker has been tangling with Mal since the beginning, with the sparks of attraction pretty obvious to everyone. Their relationship proceeds pretty much according to form but with Mal it's so much fun! He's that great combo of teasing aggressor and flirtation. He knows what he wants and pursues but the banter between the two of them shows how he's also taking her feelings in account. I know that sounds like it could almost be boring but it can be very HARD to get a contemporary romance to go right, and their relationship rings right to me the entire time.

I highly recommend this book and really the whole series for full enjoyment, though if you wanted to wait until everything got republished in mass market I wouldn't blame you.

Overall Feeling - Thumbs up. 

Series - 1) Vision in White 2) Bed of Roses 3) Savour the Moment 4) Happy Ever After