Friday, November 12, 2010

It's my birthday and I'll read if I want to!

I figured that today, on this day of all days, I can be a little bit selfish and proclaim to everyone and anyone that it's my birthday!! Woohoo! I am proudly (except for a few gray hairs) joining the quarter century club. That's right people, 25 years young and counting. I officially have to check the 'mid to late 20's' box on demographic forms.

Being my birthday, one of the big things I want to say is thank you. Thank you to all my friends who are my family, to my blog buddies and readers who make me proud to keep writing, to everyone around me who passes on positive energy when I'm feeling a little down. 2010 was foretold (by the roomie) as being my year and over the last few months I've got to say that things are finally getting better rather than worse. 

I feel that on my book blog I should have some type of list to mark the occasion. Maybe 25 favorite books or something, but I think for me it would be an impossible task. There are just too many from the last year alone that I love to try say that these particular ones are my uber most favorites. It's like choosing between your children. Or at least I think it must be as I don't have any children and couldn't know for sure.... Whatever - I'm sure you get the idea.

I found it much easier to construct 25 years of me in terms of music though, so head over to my other blog, Bittersweet Melody, later today and check out what songs and bands have helped make me, ME!!

P.S. - I was supposed to have a giveaway this month but OBVIOUSLY that fell through so I think it'll just go into the pot for a big Christmas one instead!