Thursday, April 21, 2011

Russian Roulette - Review Style

I know, I know - I've been really lax on the review front lately right? Well it's mostly because I'm having trouble finding some of the new books I want (though I've also been too lazy to order them) and because I'm in a rereading mood apparently. 

Doesn't make for the most exciting-fantastically-amazing review space let me tell you.

At least I have one thing to offer here, a little Russian roulette of the read-o-sphere that's been going on in my life. A quick look at the anthology Real Men Last All Night.

~~
Luring Lucy by Lori Foster

All Lucy was looking for when she went to her vacation home was in innocent fling to quell the yearning she had felt since her husband died four years ago. She never expected her longtime friend Bram to lure her into a love affair so hot.

Cooper’s Fall by Lora Leigh

Former ranger turned bar owner Ethan Cooper never expected to get an eyeful of prim Miss Sarah Fox from his attic window one hot summer afternoon. But now his blood is on fire for the delicious little minx.

The Edge of Sin by Cheyenne McCray

Zane Steele lives a life of extraordinary danger as a government agent and has never let anyone get too close. Then he sees the one woman who changes his life forever.

Wanted: A Real Man by Heidi Betts

Claire left her high school sweetheart Linc, in search of a better life. Ten years later she needs his help as a U.S. Marshal to find her missing daughter…Linc's daughter. Reeling with the knowledge of a daughter he’s never known, Linc sets out to claim what’s his.
~~

This is an old time re-read for me, though I only went back over Foster's and Leigh's stories. Why? Because they're the spiciest and most fun. They're completely unrealistic and kind of focus on non-flattering depictions of male/female interactions, but they're the most fun. Great beach reads or reads for when you're wanting something that's quick and hot - which who doesn't want that from time to time?

It is a little expensive as a trade paper, but it might have been released in mass market at this point or if not there's always your local library  :)