Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Buckhorn Brothers by Lori Foster



Sawyer
Sawyer Hudson, the only doctor in Buckhorn County, took it upon himself to rescue the beautiful but enigmatic woman who came literally crashing into his life. Though he knew he should keep things platonic and professional, around her his body had other ideas. And his heart was no more cooperative.

Honey Malone was on the run, fleeing a dangerous predator, when she lost control of her car, drove into a lake--and found herself up to her neck in breathtaking men. After the brothers nursed her through her injuries, she tried to leave, but she hadn't bargained on their stubborn protectiveness. Or the passionate bond that tied her to Sawyer.

Jordan
Jordan Sommerville was a healer of helpless animals, rescuer of strays, a man who could seduce a woman with his voice alone. Yet he didn't use that power often. His brothers kidded that he was holding out for a paragon of virtue and not many in Buckhorn qualified. But then he met Georgia, and broke all his own rules.

Georgia Barnes supported herself and her kids as a dancer--an exotic dancer. If Jordan Sommerville didn't like it, he could take a hike. So what if he was the most caring, gentle, desirable man she'd ever known--he was still a man like all the rest. Surely he couldn't be as perfect as he looked--or could he?
~~

You know what I kind of felt like reading these books again? Old.  Yeah I said it, old. I don't what's up with me lately but apparently it's my time to notice that the heroines of all my 'oldies but goodies' are younger than I am. Boooooo city let me tell you.

Luckily, despite all that doom and gloom, the Buckhorn brothers are still a fun bunch of books to read. Over the top sweet, respectful, and incredibly sexy Alpha males take the lead in all of the stories and even I can't help but swoon a bit. Even when I roll my eyes and think 'I would  punch him if he treated me like that'. I bought these when they were originally released with the goofy Harlequin Temptation covers (man cuddling a dog? Without a shirt? Hottest thing ever.) and these are some of the books I turn to when I need an uncomplicated happy ending. I like reading about families trying to make it through and find happiness, especially in small towns. You get better supporting characters I think, though to be truthful these books focus so much on the main four brothers that you get less of that than usual.

Still I recommend them and have no regrets about the space they take up on my shelves (which I'm kind of embarrassed to admit is double because I thought I'd lost them and bought the anthologies used...and then found my originals. Sigh.).

Overall Feeling - B

Series - 1) Sawyer 2) Morgan 3) Gabe 4) Jordan 5) Casey