Wednesday, October 3, 2012

September in Review

September was such a wild month! 1) I have no idea how it's already October 2) I can't believe I survived it. DC finally succumbed to Fall (even if things are still a bit up and down) so I've actually been able to pull out a cardigan a time or two without dying. Cuddling up in my comfy chair with cool air coming in through my balcony doors? Awesome, I'm telling you. 

I also think it's funny that I actually spent more times with authors and getting things signed after Dragon*Con. Usually that's my mecca but hey, if the writers I love want to come to DC, more power to them! The biggie was the 2012 National Book Festival where I got listen to such greats as R.L. Stine and Eloisa James. It was also the place where I stood in line for 2hrs to get some books signed by Charlaine Harris! Woot! 


After that, last Thursday in fact, I got to hang out after work with Megan Hart! I've read books by her and the past and heard Mandi from Smexy Books rave about her, but this was my first time meeting her. The crowds were low and the whole thing was super chill so thanks Barnes and Noble for hosting a spiffy author! 


And finally, after all that babbling, onto the books!

Burning Wild by Christine Feehan
Howl For It by Shelly Laurenston and Cynthia Eden
Big Bad Beast by Shelly Laurenston
The Mane Attraction by Shelly Laurenston
Bear Meets Girl by Shelly Laurenston
Ashes of Honor by Seanan McGuire (A)
The Lost Night by Jayne Castle (Mini Me)
Midnight Crystal by Jayne Castle
About Last Night by Ruthie Knox (B+)
Run the Risk by Lori Foster (B)
The Search by Nora Roberts
In Too Deep by Jayne Ann Krentz
How to Drive a Dragon Crazy by G.A. Aiken (B+/A-)
Hunter's Season by Thea Harrison (A-) 

Looking at the list though I'd have to say Ashes of Honor wins as the best book of the month. If you are not reading this series you are missing out!!