Monday, December 31, 2012

Some Things I Learned in 2012

1. I am a big fat sissy when it comes to my favorite series. I have to have the newest release as soon as freaking possible but then I'll let it sit on my shelf for weeks due to anxiety about what it might contain. I am a weirdo.

  I *still* haven't read this - and there's already a new book after it.

2. It's hard to maintain a book review blog on re-reads. Duh right? I just love what I love and want to read those all the time!

3. I am the worst Twitter-er but get unnecessarily excited when people/authors/personalities I like follow me. Can't explain it (especially since I'm super stingy with who I follow) but it's the truth.

4. Book fairs are awesome. If you haven't been able to listen to authors you love (or even those you don't know!) speak in person about their work then I'd have to say you're missing out. There's so much that I've learned unexpectedly just by going to some of the fairs/conventions in and around DC and I highly recommend that you take advantage when you can. 



5. 2012 was a great year for books! Even if they didn't come out this year I think I've had the opportunity to read some really great things and that has me incredibly excited for 2013. I'm bad at branching out but these 'best of the best' choices make me want to push myself.


 Oracle's Moon by Thea Harrison (& Lord's Fall)


Bear Meets Girl by Shelly Laurenston

 The Witness by Nora Roberts


Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson




Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews


Ashes of Honor by Seanan McGuire



Bonus: What am I looking forward to the most in 2013? Honestly? I just need the Sookie Stackhouse books to be done. I loved that series in the beginning but feel like it's been puttering out - let's hope that Ms. Harris has enough oomph to end things with a bang!