Monday, February 18, 2013

January in Review (yeah I went there)

I have no excuses for this. I have no idea how this escaped without being posted but you know what? If my favorite YouTube gurus can post their monthly hits and misses during the middle of the next month well so can I!

January was a little sparse as far books go but I'm still - STILL - in shock and I think mourning after Cold Days. If you don't read Jim Butcher's Dresden Files then I'm pretty much ordering you to get your butt over there but I can't say they're the easiest things to read. I can't decide if I'm a fan of the darker tone of the series; yes a lot of it has been necessary for Harry's growth and obviously contributed to a new plot direction in the series but damn! I used to be able to pick these up and expect more laughs then I get now.

Cold Days by Jim Butcher (B+)
Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts
Dark Wolf Rising by Rhyannon Byrd (B-)
Billionaire Bad Boys Club by Emma Holly
Bear Meets Girl by Shelly Laurenston
Zinnia by Jayne Castle
Orchid by Jayne Castle
Tart by Lauren Dane
Yours, Mine, and Howls by Kinsey W. Holley (B+)
Bound by Magick by Eliza Gayle (C)
The Marriage Campaign by Karen Templeton (B+)
Santa Reads Romance by Dara Joy (Mini Me)

To try and pull a favorite from this group was hard because while Cold Days was phenomenally written I ended up a little wrecked. How about The Marriage Campaign? It was a nice familiar story that reminded my why the monthly releases don't always have to frustrate me, lol.