Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Lord of Bones by Justine Musk

Jess and Ramsey stopped a demon from bringing about the apocalypse. But a gate was opened and more demons have come to Earth—inhabiting human bodies. Now, these demon hybrids are paving the way for the arrival of the Soulbreaker, known as Lord of Bones…


It took me FOREVER to get around to reading this book. I started with BloodAngel and bought this one because they both sounded really good, but something about them just made me hesitant to keep reading. I think the inherent darkness of the subject matter just made me kind of shy away from this sequal. But I'm glad that I finally took the plunge because this book was a significant step up from the first and it was illuminating to see where the author took her characters. Yes Jess is dark, yes the way her power seems to be eating her up from the outside is dark, but it's compelling and the relationships she builds are compelling.

Overall Feeling - Thumbs up. This is not a quick page turner, it actually takes some effort and concentration to get through, but you do get rewarded with a cool ending once you make it.

Series - 1) BloodAngel 2) Lord of Bones