Monday, July 6, 2009

Real Men Last All Night by Lora Leigh, Lori Foster, Cheyenne McCray, Heidi Betts

Today’s top erotic romance writers come together for a steamy read of four sexy stories about women who discover that real men last all night...

Luring Lucy by Lori Foster

All Lucy was looking for when she went to her vacation home was in innocent fling to quell the yearning she had felt since her husband died four years ago. She never expected her longtime friend Bram to lure her into a love affair so hot.

Cooper’s Fall by Lora Leigh

Former ranger turned bar owner Ethan Cooper never expected to get an eyeful of prim Miss Sarah Fox from his attic window one hot summer afternoon. But now his blood is on fire for the delicious little minx.

The Edge of Sin by Cheyenne McCray

Zane Steele lives a life of extraordinary danger as a government agent and has never let anyone get too close. Then he sees the one woman who changes his life forever.

Wanted: A Real Man by Heidi Betts

Claire left her high school sweetheart Linc, in search of a better life. Ten years later she needs his help as a U.S. Marshal to find her missing daughter…Linc's daughter. Reeling with the knowledge of a daughter he’s never known, Linc sets out to claim what’s his.


I was a little worried when I bought this anthology, just because while I love Lora Leigh and Lori Foster, the other two authors are not ones I really go out of my way to read. Luckily things worked out! Lora Leigh's story is just what you would expect from her, filled with sex and fun, and it was great to read. A little bit of mystery (that might have been slightly unnecessary) but recommended all the same. Foster's story is actually an older one (published originally in 2001) and while typical for her, still not bad. I was most surprised by how much I enjoyed McCray's story because I've been disappointed by her in the past. I always like how her books sound, then am never quite as happy with how they turn out. This story is definitely a keeper though, again with a somewhat uncomplicated happy ending built in for the hero and heroine - but I'm not complaining because that's often all I want. Betts' story is the only disappointing one, but it has to a do a lot with the fact that I'm kind of done with the whole 'I had a baby but didn't tell the father, who is actually the love of my life' story. The guys always start off by being a d-bag and then works to redeem himself in the eyes of the reader by the end, but it doesn't always work for me.


Overall Feeling - Thumbs up. Definitely a lot of fun, filled with hot sex and not something to miss if you know the genre and what to expect.


Series - None