Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bad Moon Rising by Sherrilyn Kenyon

A stunning and suspenseful new landscape emerges in the thrilling Dark-Hunter world—a world where nothing will ever be the same again. . .

Fang Kattalakis isn't just a wolf. He is the brother of two of the most powerful members of the Omegrion: the ruling council that enforces the laws of the Were-Hunters. And when war erupts among the lycanthropes, sides must be chosen. Enemies are forced into shaky alliances. And when the woman Fang loves is accused of betraying her people, her only hope is that Fang believes in her. Yet in order to save her, Fang must break the law of his people and the faith of his brothers. That breech could very well spell the end of both their races and change their world forever.

The war is on and time is running out...

I've been waiting so long for Fang's story and I'm a little disappointed to say it wasn't quite what I expected. It wasn't horrible and Fang and Aimee get together in the end, but it was just a feeling throughout the whole book, like it could have been better. Fang and Aimee's story was as a friend put it, 'very Romeo and Juliet' - though you do have the comfort of knowing that the main characters aren't going to die at the end. Maybe I'm feeling a little lost with all the time traveling and story arcs that Kenyon has introduced. She has SO MANY books that are connected to the Dark Hunter Arc and they jump back and forth so much that truthfully I just forget what's going on. I read too much to always know what characters have done what and where in her crazy complicated world I am. Thus, that's my only reader beware - the books are good and addicting, but you can get lost in all the ins and outs of Kenyon's world. Maybe you should make an outline now.....

Overall Feeling - Thumbs up. But things might be getting too much for me. Can it be that I might almost be losing interest? Oh God I hope not!

Series - Here's the deal people- she has three separate series in her world (Dark Hunters, Were Hunters, and Dream Hunters) and over 30 books. I've reached my limit, I'm not listing them all. I'm sorry if I've let you down (LOL) but you can check out her website here to take a look for yourself.