Monday, August 31, 2009

What a Dragon Should Know by G.A. Aiken

Only for those I love would I traipse into the merciless Northlands to risk life, limb, and my exquisite beauty. But do they appreciate it? Do they say, "Gwenvael the Handsome, you are the best among us-the most loved of all dragons?" No! For centuries my family has refused to acknowledge my magnificence as well as my innate humility. Yet for them, and because I am so chivalrous, I will brave the worst this land has to offer.

So here I stand, waiting to broker an alliance with the one the Northlanders call The Beast. A being so fearful, the greatest warriors will only whisper its name. Yet I, Gwenvael, will courageously face down this terrifying…woman? It turns out the Beast, a.k.a. Dagmar Reinholdt, is a woman-one with steel-gray eyes and a shocking disregard for my good looks. Beneath her plain robes and prim spectacles lies a sensual creature waiting to be unleashed. Who better than a dragon to thaw out that icy demeanor?

And who better than a beast to finally tame a mighty dragon's heart?

Let me tell you, you just don't often find the dialogue and banter that get in a G.A. Aiken (Shelly Laurenston) book. Gwenvael is RIDICULOUS (if you couldn't tell by the book description) and reading about his adventures gallivanting about and pretty much just f*#king with everyone he sees is hilarious! And The Beast is not any better! Dagmar's love of being the one who knows everything makes her the quintessential politician, and the one person who has just the right piece of information to either ruin or save you. Of course when these two get together the shenanigans are off the charts and then when you start bringing in all the extreme personalities that have starred in the other books in this series? Gold!

Overall Feeling - Thumbs way up. A great read that had me laughing out loud multiple times!

Series - Prequel) Everlasting Bad Boys (Anthology) 1) Dragon Actually 2) About a Dragon 3) What a Dragon Should Know