Thursday, November 26, 2009

Being Thankful

While we should of course all be thankful to the good things in our life all the time, it's really on this day that we think of all those things that make life worth living. Friends, family, all the loved and dear ones that make where ever you are the best place you can be. I've had a lot of personal upheaval the past few months, losing a parent is never easy, but it's through the love and support of those around me that I'm able to look ahead. That I'm able to laugh and sing and be joyful about the wonderful opportunities I've had. I don't think I could have imagined how great my move to DC would be, all I could see after graduation was a bunch of question marks, but now I can't imagine being anywhere else. There is tremendous love and hope here in America's capital, love and hope that has nothing to do with politics but everything to do with connections. So on this Thanksgiving I want to remember those connections and all the people at the end of those strings. THANK YOU for being you- and helping me be me.

With love and gratitude,

Dana