Wednesday, April 3, 2013

March in Review

You know you've got a lot on your mind when it takes another blogger's summary post to remember you've still go to write your own! LOL!  

 "Hi my name is Dana and sometimes I pose for moody pictures in Old Town Alexandria."
(via Instragram (goodredherring))

With my new Mon/Thur rotation the number of books I read every month have gone down but I feel more at peace with the whole process. I read books I enjoyed and reviewed them as such, and you know what, if I can't make that schedule the world will not end (amazing right?). March had a good mix with plenty of well loved favorites and a new to me author I was lucky enough to find thanks to NetGalley. The breakdown:

Blue Flame by Jill Shalvis (B-)
Shadow Woman by Linda Howard (A)
Wild Invitation by Nalini Singh (A)
Written in Red by Anne Bishop (A+)
The Wolf Prince by Karen Whiddon (A)
Midnight Blue-Light Special by Seanan McGuire (A)
Slashback by Rob Thurman (A)
Rising Darkness by Thea Harrison (review coming soon!)
Dark Storm by Christine Feehan (review coming soon!)

Question to self: am I a really generous reviewer or do I only read books I have a high chance of enjoying? Hmm.... probably a bit of both but the second is more true then I think about. But who wants to read books they know they're not gonna like? Piffle on that I say - life's too short! My favorite of the bunch? Hard to choose but I keep going back to re-read parts of Written in Red even now so let's say that one!