Thursday, May 2, 2013

April in Review

What the heck people - it's May (imagine that Justin Timberlake picture that's been up all over Facebook cause I don't wanna post it). How did this happen?!

DC is bouncing between a million different temperatures, my allergies are killing me, and somehow I'm super busy. Again. Or still, I'm really not sure about that.  I did manage to find time to get my butt down to Duke for my 5th year Reunion but in addition to have a grand time, the baby faces currently walking around campus made me feel SUUUPPPPPEEERRRR old. I did get in one last time at my favorite Tex-Mex places of all time and demolished the following:

Worth all the calories :D

I guess with that intro no one's surprised by the short list of books below. I wish I had time to read more and probably more books that I want to read but all in all I can't say I'm totally dissatisfied. At least I got some books in!

Scarlet by Marrissa Meyer (B)
Impulse by Moira Rogers
It Had to be You by Jill Shalvis (review coming soon!)
Lush by Lauren Dane  (A+)
Kitty Rocks the House by Carrie Vaughn (B-)
Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts
Coming Undone by Lauren Dane
Never Enough by Lauren Dane
Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg (B+/A)
Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts (B-/C+)

My favorite of the month? Most fun has to go to Lush by Lauren Dane, most inspirational to Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg - go read them both!



P.S. -  My thoughts on that German fan who released the ending of Harris's last Sookie book? BAD FORM MAN. I can resist the internet ok, and you will NOT ruin it for me!