Tuesday, August 6, 2013

July in Review (is it Fall yet?)

It's so weird to me how a week can take forever to go by but suddenly I turn around it's August. AUGUST. I've been lamenting the heat for so long I think I can finally see Fall on the horizon and you know what that says to me? Blazers and sweaters and BOOTS - all the wardrobe pieces that have been relegated to the back of my closet because 100* temperatures and high levels of humidity.

Also - water gun fights in Central Park. It's a good thing.

Still Summer has been the season of some really great book releases and July was no exception. I've reconnected with the love I once had for Harlequin Presents titles (hey there Lucy Monroe!) and my favorite Urban Fantasy series had its first release in two years (I'm talking about you Ilona Andrews ;) ).  It's been a bit of an emotional whirlwind, but one that's left me upbeat and optimistic about what to pick next (don't hate on my for not catching up with the Peter V. Brett series ok? I'm still trying to get over reading the first one).


True Love by Jude Deveraux (A-)
Written in Red by Anne Bishop
Royal Treatment by MaryJanice Davidson
Royal Mess by MaryJanice Davidson
Kamikaze by Moira Rogers (Mini Me)
Marked by Elisabeth Naughton (B-)
Hunter's Season by Thea Harrison
The Wicked by Thea Harrison (B)
Hot as Hades by Alisha Rai
It's a boy! by Victoria Pade (C+)
Prince of Secrets by Lucy Monroe (A+)
Yours, Mine, and Howls by Kinsey W. Holley
Indexing by Seanan McGuire (A)
Never Deal With Dragons by Lorenda Christensen (C+)
Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews (A+)

And which lovely books should you make sure to pick up for yourself? Well they're both parts of series but I consider what comes before both these titles to be just as enjoyable: Prince of Secrets and Magic Rises!