Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Where I'll be and something to do while I'm gone!

Hi Readers! You're not going to see many (or any) updates from me in the next week or so because of two big things 1) I'm moving, and 2) I'm going to Dragon*Con! That's right, Dragon*Con- the mecca of all things slightly nerdy and ridiculous that have to do with Science/Fiction and Fantasy. I had the joy of going last year and stalking Laurell K. Hamilton and Tamora Pierce around the Con (and I also got to be in the same room as Kevin Sorbo which you know is cool!) thus I can't wait to go again this year! If you're interested in seeing just some of the pictures that I took, check out one of the Facebook albums I have to commemorate the weekend, here. Also, here's a list of just some of the guests who are attending this year that I hope to see:

Charisma Carpenter
Laura Anne Gilman
Charlaine Harris
Sherrilyn Kenyon
Traci Lords
James Marsters
Kate Mulgrew
Leonard Nimoy
Edward James Olmos
Kat Richardson
Michael Shanks
Kristy Swanson

But this combined with the move is going to make it really difficult to review any of the books that have just come out (though all the driving will definitely give me time to finish a few) so I thought I'd leave you with a poll - what would you want if I were to do a giveaway?


I bring this up just because it seems to be the season for giveaways. Left and right people are giving away makeup, sunless tanner kits, gift cards, everything! Unfortunately I don't have any special hidden backers to help me fund my venture so I thought I'd poll the people who do stop by and see what they think. There are going to be two ways to voice your opinion on this - comment on this post and/or vote in the poll to the side! I really want to hear what you guys think, though I'm hoping to stand strong and not actually hold the giveaway until I get up to 20 or 30 followers....we're going to see. I might be getting ahead of myself. Either way, thanks for stopping by and I hope you let me know what you'd like to see in your mail box!

Love and Luck,
Dana