Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cut your time in line by HALF

....by just looking around you!

I'm going to let you guys in on the 'big secret' of Barnes and Noble and Borders - you can check out in the cafe area too! I promise!

I was in Borders last night and the cashwrap line went down and around and around some more - all of it culminating in a line headed towards the back of the store. But do you know what didn't have a line?


The cafe.

I took one look over there and practically skipped to the counter with my books and coupon - no line for me! And yet my joy was not full, it was not complete. The damn season had filled me with a sense of compassion for my fellow man, stuck in the line of death.

So as I walked out of the store I tapped the shoulder of the last woman in line and whispered the secret I'm now sharing with you:

"You can pay for those in the cafe too."

"Really?"

"Yes."