Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Corralled by Lorelei James

Sports therapist Lainie Capshaw has been rehabilitating injured cowboys long enough to know that a charming western drawl combined with a fine physical form doesn't mean you fall for the man.

So no one is more surprised than Lainie when she finds herself involved with not one, but two different men: Hank Lawson, a bullfighter, and Kyle Gilchrist, a bull rider. Lainie feels guilty about her two-timing, but it doesn't keep her from doubling her fun-that is until Hank catches her with Kyle.

She's shocked that Hank isn't mad. But she's more shocked to learn Hank and Kyle are hometown buddies. But when the men offer to share her-in every way-she knows that she's going to have to choose the one man who can give her the ride of her life.
~~

Hmph.

Originally I had this long review I wanted to put up, talking about all the things and personalities I liked in this book. But now that I've let a few days go by I'm worried that most of what I wanted to say is a big fat SPOILER. Which I try not to do, especially at length and throughout an entire post. I guess that means I'm going to have to write slightly less and be more vague about the whole thing, which hopefully doesn't make you think I haven't read the book. Cause I HAVE - and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Which I think says a lot in light of how I didn't love both of the James books I read before.

The most important thing I want to say about this book is how I feel James did an incredible job creating real characters, ones that acted in ways that made sense to me and the book itself. No ones perfect, and this type of menage relationship is a very delicate balance between all 3 people. I think that no matter how it starts out, each person at some point is going to probably feel neglected or left out. Recognizing that and incorporating it made me believe more in what Lainie, Kyle, and Hank were doing. And then (going really vague here) how things end up progressing between all 3 makes even more sense. James doesn't just plop the characters down and let them have tons of sex (though they do), people get back stories, families, happy and not-so-happy endings.

I think James has started a winner of a series here and I can't wait to pick up the next one!

Overall Feeling - Thumbs up.

Series - 1) Corralled 2) Saddled and Spurred