Wednesday, May 4, 2011

April in Review

April has been a bit frayed along the edges. It jumped from winter to summer with a dash of spring in the middle - which was waaaay unfortunate - and I've been trying to get a handle on myself. I have to say that quarter life crisis is hitting me hard, and right now I'm perpetually feeling like I think too much. About everything. And everyone. I guess I can count my blessings in that I notice when I'm thinking too much about something and try to pick up a book or watch an old favorite movie (Fifth Element anyone?) to distract myself.

On the book front there have been some really good releases. Thuman, McGuire, Koch - the books just kept a coming each was (mostly) more spectacular than the last. I didn't review them all but there please take a look at my list below and do some Googling - I know you won't be disappointed.

And just in case you were living under a rock, William & Kate got married. And her Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen dress was the BOMB. I didn't get up at 4am EST to watch anything live, but I totally gave in and watched clips on CNN and my little overly romantic heart got such a kick out of hearing their vows to each other (plus I cheered a little at no 'obey' in the ceremony). Anyway to get back to the dress:

T.H.E. B.O.M.B.


That's really all I have to say about that :)

Black Out by Rob Thurman
Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward
Late Eclipses by Seanan McGuire
Alien in the Family by Gini Koch (x2)
Alien Tango by Gini Koch
Cast in Chaos by Michelle Sagara
The Search by Nora Roberts
Burning Lamp by Amanda Quick
Navarro's Promise by Lora Leigh
Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole
The Seduction of His Wife by Janet Chapman
Wedding the Highlander by Janet Chapman
Real Men Last All Night by Lora Leigh, Lori Foster, Cheyenne McCray,& Heidi Betts
Loving the Highlander by Janet Chapman
Big Bad Beast by Shelly Laurenston (x2)
Savage Nature by Christine Feehan
Rush of Darkness by Rhyannon Byrd
Fired Up by Jayne Ann Krentz

Books Read/Reviewed:
21/14**

**Ok I have to admit that a lot of these reviews were from previous months on my blog, but look at that comparison! It still makes me happy :)


Oh! I also debuted Book 1 of The Adventures of Dana! Definitely check it out!