Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hidden Talents by Emma Holly

Werewolf cop Adam Santini is sworn to protect and serve all the supes in Resurrection, NY—including unsuspecting human Talents who wander in from Outside.

Telekinetic Ari is hot on the trail of a mysterious crime boss who wants to exploit her gift for his own evil ends, a mission that puts her on a collision course with the hottest cop in the RPD. Adam wants Blackwater too, but mostly he wants Ari. She seems to be the mate he’s been yearning for all his life, though getting a former street kid into bed with the Law could be his toughest case to date.
~~

First off let me say that in my head I totally already reviewed this. So sorry for not bringing my blog up to the speed of my brain and only posting this now.

If you haven't already read erotic romance by Emma Holly I think Hidden Talents is a great one to start with. Holly has created an interested sideways look at what could happen in America if there was a city that only some people could see, people who had a certain level of 'talent' that made them up to snuff. Adam is a werewolf in charge of the police force maintaining order and Ari is a talent who didn't even know that Resurrection existed - just that she had some unique abilities and was willing to use them to keep her friends safe.

But what would a paranormal erotica be without the sparks? Ari and Adam are immediately drawn to each other and waste no time giving in (mostly) to those desires. I think Holly is one of the few authors who can make me believe two characters going at it after only knowing each other a matter of hours (especially when one has arrested the other). I'm a romance reader at heart and when there's no affection to go along with all the sex I just don't like it as much. There's defintiely the hot and heavy here but, and I admit there's a bit of the 'destined mate' thing going on, Adam loves Ari and wants her to love him back. Vulnerable alpha male hero for the win!

Overall Feeling - Thumbs Up.

Series - None (?)