Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I'm bAAaack!

And so, so tired. Yesterday I couldn't sleep past 6:30am and this morning it was a whopping 4:30am. FML. 

Instead of a review post, which depending on my levels of coherency might not be up tomorrow as a I planned, here are some thoughts on the movies I watched while not sleeping on my 15hr flights. 

Fo Guang Shan Monastery in Taiwan. So cute!

The Muppets - The unexpected hit. A lot of fun all around, the music was fantastic, and I didn't even mind the fact that Amy Adams was in it (I don't really know why but I've never been a big fan of hers). This was my pick for movie to watch/listen to while I tried to sleep because it didn't matter where I was it was still enjoyable.

Katy Perry: Part of Me - Weird right? I watched this as a novelty but it was surprisingly interesting. Initially just a documentary of her 365 days of touring it ends up also catching the end of her marriage to Russel Brand. The editing was done well and while some might say that heart strings were deliberately pulled in regards to song selection/focus, you can't help but sympathize with Katy when she finally breaks down and cries about it all.

I think his book was better than mine....

Rock of Ages - Even the musical numbers couldn't save this one. It was a snoozer from start to finish and even the actors I usually enjoy (Catherine Zeta Jones) weren't that great. Pretty much the only person I wanted to keep watching was Alec Baldwin.

There were of course some other things in there (most notably Love Actually and The Mummy) but as far as 'new' new flicks, those were it. I'm weird on flights - I'm so tired I can barely read or focus but I can't really sleep. I end up in a zombie-like state where I watch movies I've already seen on repeat so I don't have to worry about what's going to happen next.

Anybody else have a tough time on long flights? Tell me I'm not the only one!