Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Staying Informed: Twilight's Dawn Review on Dear Author

Usually I like to stick to somewhat of a rhythm for posting on Reading Amidst the Chaos. Reviews, rants, random teasers or musings, etc. - all topics dealing with things that I've read or experienced. This time I want to point out another blog's post about a book I will NOT read. One I will not even BUY. I'm talking about of course Twilight's Dawn by Anne Bishop.

A friend first introduced me to the Black Jewels Trilogy and high school and even today it remains as one of the best fantasy series I've ever read. But.....I can't really say the same about the books that have come after. They've been a bit hit or miss at best, with all of the usual suspects returning but the somehow lacking the heart that made them the best of what's out there.

Twilight's Dawn is Bishop's last revisit to the Black Jewels universe and from reading Jia's review I know that to maintain my love for the series I can't read it. So my recommendation to anyone who loves the series and doesn't mind quite a few spoilers (I'm not kidding, her review is full of them and rightfully so. There's really no way to talk about the anthology without them) please go over to Dear Author and read her take on it. I think only with a fully informed expectation can someone pick up that latest book and be ready.

**Twilight's Dawn is released March 1, 2011 in hardcover**