Monday, January 3, 2011

Challenge Wrap Up - Erotica Romance Reading Challenge

Hey Everyone! Since we've all(I'm hoping) made it into 2011 unscathed, I figured I'd take this first week to look back on 2010 and prepare for what's next. In 2010 I participated in my first blog reading challenge, Erotic Horizon's Erotica Romance Reading Challenge. There wasn't a particular goal or specific number of books we had to read, but it was a way for women with like minded habits to get together and review/recommend new books to each other.

What I didn't anticipate was just how cool it would be. Erotic Horizon set up a whole additional blog for the challenge where participants could post links to their reviews, authors would stop by and chat, and we could all just revel in the what we loved: erotica romance. I'm not sure if it's really indicative of other challenges, I'll probably have a better idea at the end of this year, but either way it was a great introduction.

I've pasted the list before and sadly enough what I've got to say is that I just don't feel like I read enough new stuff. I maybe picked up a few titles here and there, but mostly I re-read a lot of what I already owned or new titles from authors I already liked. Sigh. I consider this a failing on my part, but also the result of me being really picky about what erotica I enjoy. That sweet spot of sex and love is hard to hit in my opinion, and I'm still searching for other authors who do it well. I think I'll just have to keep looking, keep reading, and be more willing to put my money where my brain is and buy some more ebooks - especially since I now own a nook!


January
Guilty Pleasure by Lora Leigh
Hunting Evander by Kim Knox
Changing Perspective by Marilu Mann
Hot for the Reunion by Ann Jacobs
The Bad Widow by Barbara Elsborg
Her Very Special Robot by Ann Jacobs
Taking Shape by Tielle St. Clare
Nauti Deceptions by Lora Leigh

Feburary
Coming Undone by Lauren Dane

March
Black Jack by Lora Leigh
The Mane Attraction by Shelly Laurenston

April

May
The Bargain by Julia Templeton
The Captivation by Natasha Rostova

June
Naked by Megan Hart
Bullet by Laurell K Hamilton
Coin Operated by Ginny Glass
The Panther's Lair by Esmerelda Bishop
Coming Undone by Lauren Dane
Better Late Than Never by Savannah Stuart
Marvin and the Three Bears by Tielle St. Clare

July
Her Heart's Divide by Kathleen Dienne
Motor City Fae by Cindy Spencer Pape

September
Healer's Garden by Nina Pierce

October
Coming Clean by Inez Kelley
Second Chances by Lauren Dane

December
Pack Challenge by Shelly Laurenston
Go Fetch by Shelly Laurenston
Here Kitty, Kitty! by Shelly Laurenston
Highland Beast by Regina Carlysle
Love's Choice by M.A. Ellis
Challenge Protocol by Dawn Ryder
Outside Protocol by Dawn Ryder