Friday, June 8, 2012

Mini Me: Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh

Adria, wolf changeling and resilient soldier, has made a break with the past--one as unpredictable in love as it was in war. Now comes a new territory, and a devastating new complication: Riaz, a SnowDancer lieutenant already sworn to a desperate woman who belongs to another.

For Riaz, the primal attraction he feels for Adria is a staggering betrayal. For Adria, his dangerous lone-wolf appeal is beyond sexual. It consumes her. It terrifies her. It threatens to undermine everything she has built of her new life. But fighting their wild compulsion toward one another proves a losing battle.

Their coming together is an inferno...and a melding of two wounded souls who promise each other no commitment, no ties, no bonds. Only pleasure. Too late, they realize that they have more to lose than they ever imagined. Drawn into a cataclysmic Psy war that may alter the fate of the world itself, they must make a decision that might just break them both.
~~

I'm not sure about any of you guys but I hate this cover. I think it looks more than a little ridiculous, I guess because it's so old school? Luckily the story itself is a great one so I'm willing to forgive the cover artist for lackluster vision.

I'm keeping it short and sweet because I think Adria and Riaz's relationship speaks for itself. Both of them are overcoming some serious emotional scars to make things work and it's a bumpy ride accordingly. Their HEA doesn't just happen the second their eyes meet; both have to learn to trust and move on, which is never the easiest. The developments of the Psy civil war are still interesting and written incredibly well even when I want to yell at something to make it happen faster. Not really faster in the world of these books but faster I guess in terms of when those books reach me. Selfish I know, but at least I can admit it.

I would not say this book is a stand alone, much too much has happened and this book brings back quite a few characters from previous books, but I consider the whole series is a must read so I don't think it's too unbearable :).