Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chase Series by Lauren Dane


(Aside - these are new covers from when I bought the books originally. And truthfully? I like mine better)

The Chase Brothers series is a sensual romance series (NOT erotic, but very spicy) set in small town Petal, Georgia. It follows the lives of four brothers and each woman destined to win their heart. Central to this series is family, family you’re born with and family you make with your friends. Principal to each story is Polly Chase, the family matriarch and her husband Edward.

-From Lauren Dane's website
~~

These are just great books. I know it seems like I just gave away the ending to this review but what do you want me to tell you? I love them.

Each story stands alone (ish) with great characters and great relationship building. The contemporary small time charm that Dane creates seems real and thus her storylines seem that much more real. I don't have to have tons of supporting characters, especially when it's a series focusing on a family, but if you're choosing small town America then make me feel that small town America.

But really what would any of these books be without the Chase brothers? Fallible but loveable, hot & spicy alpha males with Southern manners. 

Yeah there was really no way that wasn't going to do it for me.

I've heard some complaints from a few of my friends because in the first book there's a bit of brother hopping - BUT it's right in the beginning and things go down in such a way that it made complete sense to me. So my vote is that even with a little brother hopping (JUST A LITTLE) this series is still in my top 10 as books I love having and rereading whenever I need some comfort.

Overall Feeling - Thumbs up.

Series - 1) Giving Chase 2) Taking Chase 3) Chased 4) Making Chase