Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Milestone Moment :)

Know what yesterday was? Yesterday marked my 500th post! Woohoo! Happy dance!! (there's some booty shaking there that you can't see - you should probably be grateful.)


And while I know it's a bit self congratulatory, I'm going to take a moment here and enjoy that. Reading Amidst the Chaos - or anything like it really - has been a idea of mine since highschool. Begun in the back rows of Women's Chorus when I realized my friends actually liked when I recommended books to them. And that I liked even more when they recommended things back to me. It was a whole recommendy-fest if you will.

But that recommendy-fest was destined to be something more than a table on an Angelfire or Geocities site, more than an Excel spreadsheet I could email out to friends. Apparently I was already on the road to blogdom, which I am more than happy to find myself amidst now. Even on the bad days where I don't feel like reading anything new or my brain feels like mush and completely lacking in anything funny, I'm thankful. I've read some amazing books, connected with people who love what I love in ways strikingly similar to my own, and continue to have the chance to put my often insane ideas out there. Ideas that people actually read.

So THANK YOU to everyone who's stuck with me and continues to read and recommend RAtChaos. When my low moments hit and I wonder why the heck I still do something that so many other people seem to do better, you keep me going. I hope I won't let you down.