Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Teaser Tues...ok let's just be real. This is an excerpt. You're welcome.

And Dee gave the only answer she could think of. "So?"
"Could you at least pretend to be happy for me?"
"I'm not unhappy for you. I guess I just don't care one way or the other."
"What's wrong with you?" Ronnie demanded.
"Nothin'. Why?"
"Sissy was happy for me! I got a hug and tears. What do I get from you? A 'so.'"
"Sissy's your best friend."
"And what are you?"
"Your Packmate. On more occasions than seems right, your drinking buddy."
"That's it? That's how you see me?"
"I don't know why you're so upset."
"Because we're friends, and friends are happy for each other."
"When did we become friends?"
Frowning, Ronnie asked, "We're not friends?"
Dee though about it a moment and finally answered, "No."
At this point, Sissy Mae was lying on her side, hysterically laughing, her arms around her stomach.
"How could you say we're not friends?"
"We're not enemies."
"I don't understand you sometimes."
"Thereby proving we're not friends."
"Stop!" Sissy begged. "Stop! You two are killing me!"
"I don't think it's funny, Sissy Mae."
"Is this where you tell me I hurt your feelings?" Dee asked.
"Yes!"
"Sorry. Not my intent."
"Are you like this with Ric?" Ronnie Lee demanded.
"No. 'Cause with him I'm usually naked when we're having these kinds of conversations which makes them a lot less painful."
"This is not funny, Sissy Mae!" Ronnie bellowed.
"The hysterical snorting and feet kicking would suggest she feels different on that."
"Shut up, Dee-Ann."
Dee shrugged. "I would, but you keep talking to me."

-pg 227, Big Bad Beast by Shelly Laurenston