Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Weekend Reading

Sorry to be a little lax on the reviewing lately! I actually was a complete hermit and spent almost the entire weekend curled up in bed re-reading parts (or the whole) of some of my favorite books. I think that's probably one of the most comforting things in my life right now. I can snuggle up in my blanket, put on some music, and lose myself in a book that I know will not disappoint. There's no surprise ending, the drama is less drama-filled, and the bad guys always get it in the end.

I know a lot of people who don't like to re-read books. Instead they like to pick something up from their TBR pile and keep it moving. While I understand this mentality, I can't do it all the time. I've found that sometimes reading is work. Maybe this is a sign that I'm reading a not-so-great book, but either way I can find myself forcing my way through a story. That is tiring enough and when my life gets really stressful I enjoy the familiarity of something where I know what's going to happen. It's almost like a stuffed animal or a well love blanket - it brings me back to happy times and makes everything a little bit better - even if it's only for an hour or so.

Sorry if this post is a little down sounding, but I'm tired and feeling a little stressed about life. I promise to keep up with the reviews and I'm sure I'll be back soon with a random rant about something. There's always something!