Monday, March 15, 2010

March Madness for the Non-sports Fans

Mandi over at Smexy Books brought this to my attention and while I've never done it before I'm excited to give it a go! Two other blogs, Dear Author and Smart Bitches Trashy Books are having their annual DA BWAHA tournament, which from what I've been reading, seems to work just like a basketball tournament (Side note, don't ask me what DA BWAHA means - I've tried looking around the sight because of my own curious nature, and I've yet to see it defined anywhere).

To get back to the bracket, there are eight categories - Young Adult, GLBT, Paranormal, Contemporary, Historical, Category, Novel With Romantic Elements, UF crossover and Fantasy - and it's the 'picker's' responsibility to go through and predict the winners from each category until you've ended up with an overall champion (woohoo! champion!). I'm slightly nervous, mostly because I've never filled out a bracket completely in my life, but this is just too cool for me to leave it alone. Of course, what this means now is that I'm going to be completely distracted for the rest of the day because all I want to do is research the books I don't know so I can make an informed decision. For each round the hosts are going to set up a poll so we can vote for the winner, and this is how the tournament will advance for each versus match. I can't make Mandi's claim of being able to lead you to victory, but I can say that I can't wait to see how I do!

I'm going to try and post my bracket up here once I've got it all figured out, so all of you can hold me as accountable as their system will.

But what are YOU waiting for?! Jump on over to
DABWAHA.COM and fill out your own bracket! You have until 8pm EST Wednesday!