Sunday, April 1, 2012

Resident Evil: Afterlife (movie review)

I don't love zombie movies. I don't hate them, but I don't love them. Like a lot of things in life my feelings are completely dependent on the movie itself. 

I did like Resident Evil & Resident Evil: Apocalypse. They had just enough action, blood, gore, and kick-ass female characters to keep me interested without over the top special effects and stupid dialogue. Resident Evil: Afterlife though? Boring, oh god so boring. If I hadn't been watching this with a friend of mine there were would have been many places where fast forwarding was required. Thank goodness I watched it at home so my snarky comments didn't annoy anyone but myself. 

Most of the dialogue in RE:A was blah and then the characters themselves weren't interesting. Plus I had so many damn questions throughout the movie I couldn't even enjoy what action there was. I mean, how do you have a huge weird hooded monster (with rusty nails and a big axe/hammer thing), kill it, and just never address it again? Or where it came from?

Sigh.

I'll probably still watch the next one (Resident Evil: Retribution is scheduled for September 2012) but definitely not in theaters.