Saturday, April 7, 2012

Tangling with Ty by Jill Shalvis

Harlequin Temptation
Dr. Nicole Mann, a child prodigy who graduated high school at the age of thirteen, has no room in her mind or her schedule for romance. But when the architect renovating her apartment turns out to have a charming Irish accent, all bets are off- and Ty Patrick O'Grady plans to use every trick in his book to stay in her life for good.
~~

I've talked about Jill Shalvis before on this blog as an author I've recently fallen in love with when it comes to contemporary romances. She just has a voice I really connect with and I think this story is no different. All of these characters could be considered stereotypical, corny even, because they're not from first glance spectacular sounding. Yet Shalvis's dialogue between the hero and heroine, plus the introduction of interesting supporting characters always keeps me entertained.

Nicole and Ty set off sparks from the beginning, which causes her some consternation considering the 'single forever' pact that she's made with a couple friends. They circle around each other a bit, each with their own baggage that makes falling in love harder, but with the help of a faulty ceiling find their way to each other. The HEA was of course not unexpected, but sweet just the same - and I can say I had a smile on my face as the story ended.

Overall Feeling - B+

Series - 1) Roughing it With Ryan 2) Tangling with Ty 3) Messing with Mac

**I read this story in the Kiss Me, I'm Irish anthology