Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Whatever Reilly Wants by Maureen Child

Silhouette Desire
Connor Reilly only has a few weeks to go in his "no sex for ninety days" bet with his brothers - and he figures no woman is safer to be around than his best friend, Emma Jacobson. Until Emma shows up at a bar in a tight skirt and high heels, and suddenly seems anything but safe.
~~

Maureen Child definitely had me going there for a minute. I've read some of her other books (Harlequin? Silhouette? Something, I'm sure) and while I liked her voice here the storyline itself had me shaking my head. Whether it's hero introduced or heroine, revenge stories rarely go well. Even play revenge usually leaves someone hurt and someone with a whole monologue talking about why the other person sucks monkey butt. Not really my idea of a fun time. 

Luckily that doesn't come into play in Whatever Reilly Wants - while Emma is technically trying to get revenge for Connor's dismissive attitude of her, once they do come together he doesn't care. He doesn't seem particularly offended at all, instead more involved with how good it feels to finally give in and be with Emma. My favorite part about this story is probably how much they both learn about each other - especially about not taking each other for granted. It lacked false drama or soap opera-y antics and has me ready to Google for more :).

Overall Feeling - B+

Series - 1) The Tempting Mrs. Reilly 2) Whatever Reilly Wants 3) The Last Reilly Standing

**I read this story in the Kiss Me, I'm Irish anthology