Monday, April 26, 2010

Musing Mondays (4/26)

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about war books.

With yesterday being Anzac Day, I thought I’d ask a theme question this week. Are you a reader of war books? And if so, do you have any favorites?

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your opinion in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!

**MUSING MONDAYS is hosted by Rebecca at Just One More Page...

Truthfully I don't really consider myself a reader of war books. Every now and again one will cross my path, but I don't actively seek them out. When I was in school I found in interesting to read about military strategy in classes, about which ways certain choices could turn the tide of a battle - but that was academic reading. My pleasure reading is just that - pleasure- and there's just so much chance for heartache and emotional turmoil (rightfully so) in war books that I just don't find myself picking them up that often.