Thursday, August 5, 2010

Love Me If You Dare by Carly Phillips

The perfect catch is about to fall for the the one woman he’s always resisted … until now!

When hostage negotiator Rafe Mancuso takes a bullet to save Sara Rios, his ex-partner, his actions make him a bona fide hero—and New York City’s newest most eligible bachelor. Then Rafe admits that Sara is much more than just another woman he’s rescued. Suddenly, a firestorm of gossip turns him into exactly what he doesn’t want to be: the Bachelor Blog’s new hottest topic. His only solution is to leave town and get himself out of the spotlight… and sexy, jaded Sara out of his mind.

*I requested a copy of this title to review through netGalley*

This was a quick, fun, little contemporary romance to read on my hump day (Wednesday). Rafe and Sarah used to be partners on the force, until his feelings for her forced him to ask for reassignment. When the book starts, both of them are working as undercover security for a jewelry auction, which turns out to be necessary when this guy disguised as a waiter tries to make off with a ring. During the scuffle Rafe gets stabbed and says some very indiscreet words about how he feels getting hurt saving Sarah - and thus the craziness ensues.

My favorites for this book were the scenes where Rafe and Sarah were joined by Rafe's large and boisterous family. In a contemporary romance I love the small town communities where everyone knows everyone else and is all up in their business. The only con for me is that I didn't like the use of the 'Bachelor Blog' as a plot device, though I understood its purpose, and second - maybe it's because I'm less of a forgiving person - but if someone I thought was a friend ratted me out to what is essentially the paparazzi, I would no longer be their friend. But that's me.

Overall Feeling - Thumbs up.

Series - 1) Kiss Me If You Can 2) Love Me If You Dare