Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cordina's Royal Family by Nora Roberts

It seems a fairy-tale kingdom. But a scheming traitor lies in wait . . .

Nora Roberts weaves a mesmerizing tale of palace intrigue and royal romance in three sizzling stories about Cordina's royal family.

Affaire Royale:
Recently kidnapped Princess Gabriella has amnesia, but in the arms of bodyguard Reeve MacGee she finds a passion that's unforgettable.

Command Performance:
Though His Royal Highness Alexander is destined to rule Cordina, it's regal - and elusive - Eve Hamilton who rules his heart.

The Playboy Prince:
Why is reserved Hannah Rothchild so intriguing to dedicated ladies' man Prince Bennett? Is it her secret mission - or the fascinating lady herself?

I mentioned Nora Roberts on a Musing Mondays post I think, because she is by far the author I usually pick from when I'm looking for a good, uncomplicated read. Sometimes I don't want to worry about how a book is going to turn out - I just want my HEA and I want it with characters that I'm familiar with and love.

Cordina's Royal Family is a omnibus of the first three Cordina family romances, and each one stars a member of the family and a commoner (ish) of some sort. It's the perfect modern take on an old theme, with just the right kind of cheeky counterparts to keep me involved in the story. Plus when you add in a bit of emotional turmoil due to terrorist plots, it all adds up to a great time. I fully admit that this is reread, I've owned it for awhile, but these are stories I come back to, with scenes and characters that I never get bored with. I'd say either buy it for yourself or pick it up from the library because I know you'll enjoy it!

Overall Feeling - Thumbs up. Another great family legacy, Nora Roberts doesn't disappoint with this set of royal romances.

Series - 1) Cordina's Royal Family (omnibus) 2) Cordina's Crown Jewel