Friday, June 18, 2010

Sing-a-Long Fridays (6/18)

Sing-a-Long Fridays is hosted by Dana at Reading Amidst the Chaos.

All you need to do is pick a song from one of your favorite shows, movies, or artists and post it on your blog or comment with the link below so that other people can karaoke away! It's a great way to share the excitement of another Friday and an even better way to get the party started for the weekend!

Ok I'm really sad about this one. Having Buffy last week inspired me to do another class favorite this week - Xena: Warrior Princess. I totally bow down to my nerdy roots and say that I loved this show from start to finish and never really cared/noticed any lesbian overtones.


But I digress.

The important thing for Xena is that it's another show that's had a great mix of drama, action, comedy and musical
throughout its run. The episodes Lyre, Lyre, Hearts on Fire was a particularly fun one, where Xena finds herself preventing a war between Draco (warlord) and the Amazons by hosting a battle of the bands. FANTASTIC! My favorite song from that episode is 'Dancing in the Moonlight' performed by Joxer's flamboyantly gay brother Jace. It's on Youtube, but I can't embed it (SAD) so to watch you're going to have click here. Please click! It's a fantastically hilarious scene!