Monday, June 7, 2010

Musing Mondays (6/7)

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about reading spots.

Where is your most often used (favorite) reading spot? Do you have more than one? What makes your favorite spot just that?

Share pictures if you have them!

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your opinion in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog).
Thanks!

**MUSING MONDAYS is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading

I think it's hilarious that the two spots MizB picked for her favorites are mine as well, but in the reverse order:

1) Left corner of the couch
2) My bed

Pictures will have to be added when I get home from work today, but my couch is this large dark monstrosity, that has what I think are the comfiest cushions ever. When you sit down you can't help but sink back and curl up in the
corner, which provides the perfect amount of back support to read comfortably. I don't mind if my roommate ends up watching TV or something else happens in the living room while I'm there. I like the sense of having people around me and it seems that all those years in public school have taught me how to ignore my surroundings when necessary for full book enjoyment.

My bed turns into my favorite reading haven in that time right before I go to sleep. I have my body and head pillows to brace myself against, pull my covers up, and just sit and read until I actually feel sleepy. The background noise is still important though so I usually have Family Guy or some other show playing on my computer.

What can I say? I'm rarely a quiet girl.

**EDIT: I'm adding in pictures of my two spots but be kind. My bed is not made (I've already been lying in it) and the couch is old. REALLY old. But comfy as hell.