Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thirsty Thursdays (6/10)

Thirsty Thursdays is hosted by Dana at Reading Amidst the Chaos and anyone can join in!

To share in the debauchery just think of one of your favorite alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and say why you love it and how to make it! You can link to your own blog or leave a comment below with your choice, but please include the mixology of whatever it is so that other people can give it a try!


I don't know what made me think of it, but this week I want to highlight Brazil's national cocktail, the Caipirinha. It has three ingredients: sugar, lime, and a liquor made from fermented sugarcane. I had this for the first time a couple of months ago at a Brazillian tapas place and was surprised by how good it was! It's another one of those drinks that go down easy, though because it's most ly liquor you don't ever really forget that you're consuming an acoholic beverage. Either way my friends warned me that a few of those can very quickly put you over your limit, so especially make sure to drink these with caution!