Monday, June 14, 2010

Musing Mondays (6/14)

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about family.

Who in your family (both immediate & extended) are readers, and who are not?

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your opinion in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog).
Thanks!

**MUSING MONDAYS is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading

Well this will be a quick one for me, mostly because I don't have a lot of extended family that I know closely enough to speak on their reading habits.

I am the middle of 3 children, with one older sister and one younger brother. My old sister does like to read, but I think she's more strictly romance - she's a big fan of the Harlequin and Silhouette monthlies. When my brother was younger he read more books, especially this one series about kids that through alien powers turn into animals....Animorphs? Maybe? Either way he's now more of a magazine reader than anything else.

I guess if I had to say I think my love of reading came from my mom. She never read quite as much as I did, but she was the one who took us all to the library and encouraged us to check out whatever we liked. And of course she was the one who would buy me the books I wanted when I was too little to pay for them myself. I still remember getting a hard cover copy of Charlotte's Web from my mother one Christmas - and it still has a place of honor on my shelf.