Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thirsty Thursday (7/22)

Thirsty Thursdays is hosted by Dana at Reading Amidst the Chaos and anyone can join in!

To share in the debauchery just think of one of your favorite alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and say why you love it and how to make it! You can link to your own blog or leave a comment below with your choice, but please include the mixology of whatever it is so that other people can give it a try!

I think this week I'd rather hear from you guys about a topic that seems to always be up for contention: wine. White or red, full bodied or dessert, it's a choice that apparently says a lot about you (though I wouldn't really know what exactly). I'm a VERY recent wine convert, as in I didn't
enjoy or drink it before last year, and I just don't understand the hype. I will admit up front that I like the most unsophisticated of wines - very sweet whites. I'm unable to recognizes any notes and I really don't care what a wine should be 'paired' with. I just drink the ones I like with everything.

So - how about you guys? Which wines are your favorites? Can you tell the difference between good ones and bad ones?