Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Best Welcome Home

Look what I came home and found in front of my door:


NEW BOOKS!!!! TIME FOR A HAPPY DANCE!!!

............now if only I had an emoticon that did that. Damn.

Sears hadn't even sent me an email saying that anything had been shipped, but I came home to all the books having already arrived on my doorstep (well mostly, I'm still missing one). This is fantastic! I went from not even knowing Sears.com sold books to buying some and getting them within three days - all with $.99 shipping! They are definitely getting an A++++++ in my book because this was a fantastic turn around. Maybe it's because there are more Sears warehouses than Amazon ones? Hmph. Something to think about I guess.









I first talked about buying new books on the RAtChaos Facebook page (not a fan? Click here), but talking is so much less exciting than actually receiving! Here's what I ordered after much calculating and agonizing over the TBR list:

1) Lover Mine by J.R. Ward
2) Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris
3) Love in the Time of Dragons by Katie MacAlister
4) Stormwalker by Allyson James
5) A Local Habitation by Seanan McGuire
6) Touched by an Alien by Gini Koch
7) Too Wicked to Kiss by Erica Ridley

All of these were books that I wanted to buy the DAY that they came out but due to low funds I was not able to make it happen. Thus, when I realized that Sears sold books AND sold them for the same prices (if not cheaper) that were listed on Amazon I about had screaming fit in the middle of the work day. Hahaha, books are not simple things for me! They keep me sane and functioning in a sometimes not so sane world, so being able to finally get all the ones I wanted for keeps (and not borrowed from the library) was just incredible. Which is why I went straight for the scissors instead of waiting to take a picture of the pristine, just delivered, box.









Even at the speed I read I expect it'll take me a little while to get through all of these. There's a precarious balance between not having anything you want to read and having too many new things in front of you. Does that make any sense? I think I can get a little overwhelmed trying to decide which title to dive into first and it makes me hesitate to pick anything at all. Luckily I can say that right now I'm tired, I'm going to bed, and I'll decide in the morning what new book, or books, come with me to work.