Monday, May 3, 2010

Musing Mondays (5/3)

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about used books.

Do you frequent second hand book stores? Have you ever bought a book home only to find anything interesting within their pages?

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your opinion in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!

**MUSING MONDAYS is hosted by Rebecca at Just One More Page...

I frequent used book stores quite a bit - though I've never gotten as lucky as you Rebecca! I usually consider myself lucky if I happen upon the latest in a series or that book I've been wanting to read but refused to pay full price for! No hidden money - especially not foreign money!

Lately I've been having a lot of fun visiting library book sales. The books are usually in better condition than normal, I think because people who donate to libraries are those who are more inclined to treat their books well. The first sale I went to had books for half-off the original used price and then the one I stumbled upon on Saturday was $5/bag of books! Per bag! If I hadn't been on a mission and walking around with no hope of a ride, I would definitely have been greedier with that one.