Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thirsty Thursdays (5/20)

Thirsty Thursdays is hosted by Dana at Reading Amidst the Chaos and anyone can join in!

To share in the debauchery just think of one of your favorite alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and say why you love it and how to make it! You can link to your own blog or leave a comment below with your choice, but please include the mixology of whatever it is so that other people can give it a try!

With all the rain this week I've just been mesmerized by thoughts of the beach, of cruises, of ANYTHING that would
involve me, my bathing suit, and lots of time to relax. Those lovely little daydreams also include drinks most of the time, and unsurprisingly these visions of sand and sun were paired with a very appropriate one, the Sex on the Beach. Again one of my favorites in the early days of my drinking history, it's made with vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice, and cranberry juice. Probably as I continue to do these, readers will notice that I do have a theme - fruity. By and large most of my favorite drinks are fruity and a lot of them will contain either vodka or rum. I know I should probably experiment more, but why mess with a good thing?