Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thirsty Thursdays (5/13)

Thirsty Thursdays is hosted by Dana at Reading Amidst the Chaos and anyone can join in!

To share in the debauchery just think of one of your favorite alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and say why you love it and how to make it! You can link to your own blog or leave a comment below with your choice, but please include the mixology of whatever it is so that other people can give it a try!


This week I'm going to highlight the first drink I liked after turning 21 - the Amaretto Sour. I know, I know - it's heralded as one of those too sweet girly drinks most of the time, but I still think it deserves some love! Who says that whatever alcoholic beverage you're indulging in can't also taste good? Beer might, *might*, have it's time and place but I always think a good, tart, amaretto sour can definitely hit the spot.

P.S - I have tried many other brands of amaretto besides the much hyped Disaronno, so don't be afraid to experiment with something less pricey!