Sunday, May 9, 2010

Musing Mondays (5/10)

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about finding time to read.

Do you have to carve out time in your day for reading (due to work and other obligations), or does your reading just happen naturally? (Question courtesy of MizB)

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your opinion in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!

**MUSING MONDAYS is hosted by Rebecca at Just One More Page...

I think it depends. I've found that lately that reading is sometimes the only thing that holds me together in the midst of crazy, stressful times. Normally I don't have to carve out time to read. I'll do it at my desk (luckily I have a job that allows that) or when I'm waiting for the bus, on the bus, before I go to bed....there are a lot of times I find myself able to read.

When things are REALLY bad though, when I actually don't have time to read like I regularly do, I notice the change in my mood almost immediately. I'm moodier and just generally unhappier than usual. I'm sure this has to do with my ability to lose myself in what I'm reading - even when things around me suck, I can trust that a good book with a happy ending will bring me out of it. I think other than that, the only time that I feel like I have to carve out time to read it's because I feel bad that I don't like a book and want to try to finish it anyway.